Effective from September 5th, 2019. www.pick.jobs (website or app) is operated by PickJobs d.o.o. ( "PickJobs").
PickJobs d.o.o. will remain responsible for the management and security of the shared personal information you submit to PickJobs.
Your "personal information" identifies you as an individual and contains information such as:
- Your first and last name
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and personal information.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect most of your personal information by submitting a CV or cover letter that you attach as a document to apply for a specific job.
If you do not want us to collect your personal information, please do not attach documents containing personal information.
We may also draw certain conclusions and information about you from the displayed search settings. We may also collect data from the following sources:
- our websites ("Websites")
- software applications that we have made available for use on or through computers and mobile devices ("Applications")
- cookies ("Cookies")
- publicly available information
- other tools and applications (our “Online Content”).
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you may include the following items:
- Identification and contact information: your name; address; e-mail; IP address; telephone number; sex; marriage status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes that include photographs.
- Other sensitive information: religious beliefs, union membership, political worldviews, racial or ethical backgrounds, and criminal records.
- Information that enables us to provide products and services: location, age, whether or not you hold a driver's license that allows us to identify a job search.
- Marketing affinities: if you participate in promotions, sweepstakes or surveys.
- Statistics: aggregate statistics on website visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes, such as average pay. We provide this information to customers, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. If we provide such information, we will provide it in an anonymous format and do not include any personal information.
- App data: if you are commenting, blogging, using bulletin board, emailing or through other channels sending content.
- Publicly available information including: education; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications.
What legal basis do we rely on in processing your personal information?
PickJobs consent will sometimes be required when processing the data. Example: If you want to link your account to a social media profile or if we send promotional material. You can control and withdraw your consent at any time. If consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will stop processing the data after withdrawing the consent.
Processing for the purpose of fulfilling the contract
Your information may be processed for the purpose of completing a contract with you, such as sending your CV to your possible employer for job aplication.
PickJobs also processes your information when it is in our legitimate interest to do so and when those interests do not compromise your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- ensuring the security and integrity of our services and ensuring the optimal functioning of our websites and applications.
- sale of services and supply to customers.
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and well-being.
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services.
- submitting promotional materials that are relevant and tailored to individual customers.
- understanding the behavior, activities, preferences and needs of our customers.
- improving existing products and services and developing new ones.
- resolving customer contacts, inquiries, complaints or disputes.
- Obligations towards customers, colleagues, shareholders and other interested parties.
Processing is necessary because of the legal obligation that applies
PickJobs may process your information in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations, such as preventing, investigating and detecting criminal, fraud or antisocial behavior and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Employees and other agents
For the purpose of finding jobs for its members, PickJobs may make personal information available to third parties, agents and employees, intermediaries and other business partners.
You can control the amount of information we share with employees when choosing options at the time of creating or updating an account. If you choose to make your profile public, your employee will be able to see your last activity date (this is the date you most recently updated your profile or resume, sought or applied for a job using our services). Depending on your preferences, we may also share your application history (jobs you applied for and when you applied for them). You can change the information that employees can see about you at any time by updating your information and settings in your profile.
Our service providers
These include external service providers, such as accountants, auditors, professionals, lawyers, and other external professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting providers; print, advertising, marketing and market providers; providers of document management and records; technical engineers; cloud and cloud storage providers and similar vendors and third-party service providers to assist us in our business activities.
Government bodies and third parties involved in judicial activities
PickJobs may share personal information with government or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers' compensation committees, courts, police, tax authorities and criminal investigation agencies); and third party litigants and their accountants, auditors, attorneys and other advisers and representatives we deem necessary or appropriate:
a) for the purposes of compliance with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
b) for the purpose of adherence to legal process;
c) for the purpose of responding to requests from national and governmental bodies, including public and governmental bodies outside your country of residence;
d) for the purpose of enforcing our terms;
e) for the purpose of protecting our business;
f) for the purpose of protecting our rights, privacy, security or property, you or others; and
g) allow us to continue the remedies available or limit our damages.
Other third parties
Occasionally, we may share personal information with other third parties where we will always work under contract and in accordance with your instructions.
How do we use personal information?
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you as part of our job
- Submit important information about changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, to the Website and PickJobs application and other administrative data
- Ensuring better quality, training and safety, and managing other commercial risks
- Conducts market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys
- Accesses to marketing information (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with your preferences. You can always change this in your settings.
- Customize your experience on the PickJobs website and app by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you and providing access to selected services
- Enabling participation in competitions, prize draws and similar promotions and management of these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions that may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we suggest that you read them carefully
- Enable sharing functionality on social media
- Manage our infrastructure and professional operations in accordance with internal policies and procedures, including those related to auditing; finances and accounting; billing; IT systems; hosting data and website; business continuity; and managing records, documents and printing;
- Resolve complaints and resolve requests for access to or rectification of data
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those related to the prevention of money laundering and anti-terrorism; in accordance with due process of law; and respond to requests from state and governmental bodies (including those outside your country of residence);
- Establishment and defense of legal rights; protect our insurance business or business partners, our rights, privacy, security or property and / or you or others; and to follow available legal procedures or limit our damages.
International transfers of personal data
As a rule, the personal information you provide to us is stored in the European Economic Area. However, due to the nature of our global business and the technology we need, your personal information may be transferred to third parties outside the EEA, in countries where there is a lower legal level of data protection. In such situations, we transmit the minimum amount of information required, anonymize it where possible, and enter into legal agreements to ensure that such third parties treat your personal information in accordance with these "privacy policies" and European data protection levels on the basis of your conesnt.
How can you manage or delete personal information?
When you access our site, we store some information about you. This is anonymous and is used for statistical purposes.
When you create your account, profile and log in, it is password protected and only you have access. You can manage the content and information in your account at any time after you log in.
PickJobs platform users can view your resume if you have enabled it in your profile preferences. This is the default setting. Furthermore, when your profile is viewable by others, your activity data (e.g., application number, job titles, locations, and salaries) will be visible to members of the PickJobs platform. This visibility can also be provided through browser add-ons or other software we provide if our members visit certain social media sites where you have a profile. This is also the default setting.
Please note that PickJobs reserves the right to remove from our database CVs containing any content that we believe to be illegal or abusive. We will respect your decisions to limit sharing or visibility settings on your profile.
SYou can deactivate or delete your account at any time, make your profile anonymous, or choose to disable your profile search.
However, if you want to permanently delete your account, you can send an email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) (see below) titled "Permanently delete my data and account". Please don't forget to provide us with personal informations so we can identify you.
PickJobs is committed to keeping your personal information protected from unauthorized access or tampering, disclosure or destruction.
Our security measures include:
- Encrypting our services and data
- Controlling our practice of collecting, storing and processing data, including physical security measures
- Limited access to personal information of members of Pick Jobs employees, contractors and agents who must know this information to process it for us and are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to comply
- Internal policies that determine our approach to data security and employee training
Additional Services for Website and Application
Location based services
When using the PickJobs application, we will ask if you want to use the location service. Your cell phone's GPS signal allows us to identify your location, and use that information to more accurately search for job offers and improve our service. We will not merge location information with your personal information. You can turn off location tracking at any stage by changing your application settings, thereby losing the functionality of products that support the location item.
If you use the PickJobs website or app, you may also agree to send notifications, text messages, alerts, emails or other types of messages sent directly to you outside or inside the PickJobs app on your mobile device or desktop browser. If you declare that you agree to receive such messages, a token will be created that will be connected to your device.
If you allow us to do so, we access the following limited-purpose services to assist us with your transfer, or otherwise access your CV, cover letters, or any other documents you provide to assist us in applying for a job. We ask for your consent before using the information for any other purpose
Marketing and advertising
Online behavioral advertising
We work with third-party advertising networks to allow us and other advertisers to serve ads that are more relevant to you and your interests on our site or on other websites you visit and make judgments about the effectiveness of such content.
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten")
- The right to limit processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- The right not to be subject to a decision by a respondent based solely on automated processing, including the creation of a profile, that produces legal effects that affect or otherwise significantly affect it.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
Children and minors
PickJobs website, app and our services may not be used by anyone under the age of eighteen (18), but we are aware of the nature of some job offers, those between the ages of 14 and 18 can sometimes use our services. Persons under the age of fifteen (15) are expressly prohibited from using the PickJobs Website and App unless we have valid parental consent.
Third-party privacy practices
As Head of Processing, we carefully select Processing Contractors and enter into contracts exclusively with partners, who have a personal data security mechanism in place in the manner prescribed by EU Regulation 2016/679. We have signed such an agreement with all the billing executors that prevents as much as possible the protection of personal data.
The inclusion of a third party in a website or application does not imply endorsement by us of a linked site or service. Please note that we are not responsible for the policies, practices and procedures for collecting, using and disclosing data (including data protection practices) from other organizations or any other developer or software programmer, social media platform, operating system or wireless service providers and device manufacturers, including all personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with applications or our social media pages.
Please note that while we require that customers using our services, such as employers who wish to hire staff, consent to the use of information that is available solely for employment purposes, we do not control their use of information that they have access to through our platform. Keep in mind that your current employer is a client of a client. Although the requirement of our "Agreement" and "Terms" when selecting jobs and other actions is not to use personal information for purposes other than employment, we cannot restrict members accessing our platform and be responsible for their deviations. As part of the registration process, Pick Jobs offers you the option of anonymity.
Who to contact regarding your personal information
The data controller responsible for your information is PickJobs.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your personal information, you can send an inquiry to: email@example.com
Look at the "effective date" at the top of these terms to see when it was last revised.
The site is operated by PickJobs d.o.o. ("We", "Our" or "us") registered in Croatia, 32000 Vukovar, Osječka 11, OIB: 36823118236.
Please see also our GDPR FAQ for more information.